Friday, March 2, 2012

Pastel Techniques: VersaMark Pad

Create a soft, chalky image with pastels. Stamp the image with VersaMark and apply the pastels blending colours as desired. I like to leave a little pastel on the card stock around the images, but you can remove the excess with the eraser from the kit.

My first purchase from Stampin' Up! was the pastels and a VersaMark pad because I got all the colours at once!

I scored a 1/2 in. border on the card front with the Simply Scored tool.












 VersaMark is a clear adhesive in a pad. It's hard to see the stamped image.
 I use cotton swabs to apply pastels to the image when I want to avoid some parts of the image. I'm using Perfect Plum on the flower.
 Apply Elegant Eggplant to the centre of the flower.
 Apply River Rock and Certainly Celery to the foliage.
Brush some of the chalk off with a cotton ball.










Supplies
Stamps
-Love and Sympathy 122795
Ink
-VersaMark pad 102283
-Elegant Eggplant pad 105210
Paper
-Confetti Cream card stock 102835
Tools
-Simply Scored tool 122334
Accessories
-Stampin' Pastels 120962

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! I will be using this technique! Thank you for sharing! Joni